Thursday, December 18, 2008

Forms of Energy!


In class on December 15, 2008, we finished our "What is energy?" graphic organizer and illustrated forms of energy. The two main states of energy are kinetic and potential. For these two states, we had to draw each form of energy under each category. One fact I learned was that electrical energy is in the kinetic category. Also, I learned that chemical energy is in the potential energy category. Lastly, I learned that energy can be converted from one state to another. Thus, being the kinetic and potential states. On another source, I found out that the cars of a roller coaster reach their maximum kinetic energy when at the bottom of their path. Also, I learned from the same source that potential energy can be thought of as energy stored within a physical term. In my opinion, I believe this subject is very important because you need to know how this type of energy can be converted and how it works. In addition, you should also know these types of energy so you understand why a certain type of energy falls under a specific category. All in all, this is what we did in class on December 15th and what I learned about kinetic and potential energy.

Where I found my facts:

Where I found my picture:

No comments: